Today's recipe is a favorite sandwich in our household. Bon appetit!
Artichoke and Tuna Panini with Garbanzo Bean Spread
Garbanzo Bean Spread:
* 1 (15 1/2-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
* 2 cloves garlic
* 1/4 cup fresh mint
* 2 teaspoons lemon zest
* 3 tablespoons lemon juice
* 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 cup pitted black olives, finely chopped
* 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 2 (5 1/2-ounce) cans tuna, drained
* 1 (13 3/4-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
* 8 mini baguettes, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise
* 2 cups arugula
To make the Garbanzo Bean Spread: Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
To make the Panini: Combine the black olives, olive oil, salt, pepper, tuna, and artichokes in a bowl. Lay out the sliced baguettes. Spread the Garbanzo Bean Spread on both halves of the baguettes. Spoon the tuna mixture over the bean spread. Top with the arugula and close the sandwich.