Saturday, November 14, 2009

monsters of folk

Jamey and I headed to a great concert about a week ago -- the Monsters of Folk. The name is probably pretty misleading... its not folk like most people think of folk. But, it is a great group of artists who have all done their own thing before and finally decided to come together and record an album. The group includes Jim James, Mike Mogis, Conor Oberst and M. Ward. Maybe you're familiar with them, maybe you're not... if you're not, you should definitely check them out.

Admittedly, I had only listened to the album a few times before the concert... I wish I had listened to it even more. Now, after the concert, its really become one of my favorites. The concert was a great evening - definitely check it out if they come to your town. Ours was at the Chicago Auditorium Theatre (an amazing venue if you haven't been there). Its nearly acoustically perfect sound and is incredibly beautiful - perfect for this type of a concert.

I thought I'd include some of their music videos in the post... Enjoy!








and a cover of a My Morning Jacket Song - Golden... for those of you who aren't familiar with MMJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment