Another great recipe, courtesy of Giada over at the Food Network. We've been making this a lot recently... and its great to have in the freezer for a quick dinner or lunch on the weekends. Enjoy!
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 26 oz jar marinara sauce (recommended: San Marzano brand)
- 2 (14 oz) cans chicken broth (we use vegetable broth in ours)
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pastina pasta (or any small pasta)
**you may be tempted to add more, but be careful, this really blows up in the soup
- salt & pepper to taste
Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onion, and garlic and saute until soft, this usually takes about 5-7 minutes at our house (depending on how large you chop your carrots, it may take longer). Add the jar of marinara sauce, broth, cannellini beans, red pepper flakes, pasta, salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve. Goes great with warm crusty bread!
Have a Wonderful Weekend.
14 hours ago