Saturday, November 21, 2009

OMG... Oprah Quits!

I thought something funny was going on when I walked home from work on Thursday night. Several local TV channels were broadcasting from the corner near our house... but, I completely forgot about it when I actually walked in the door (a new job will do that to you).

Then, as I was getting ready for work on Friday, I had CNN on in the background and heard the big news about Oprah. (oh my gosh - she's quitting?!) Of course! Now it was all making sense... So, when I left later that morning, I did a doubletake when I saw the same CNN reporter out front of our apartment, doing a live broadcast. For those of you who don't already know, we live across the street from Oprah's studios. Its always a hubbub of activity in the neighborhood and we have the rare pleasure of seeing armies of midwestern women dolled up for the show, carrying bright green bags from the Oprah store (yes, she even has her own store), and taking photos day and night (literally around the clock) out front of the Oprah sign. Its quite a sight to behold.

Thought I'd share the pic I took on my phone friday morning out front of our apartment. I'm really wishing that I would have run behind her to try to get on camera (hey mom! i'm on CNN! how fun is that?!). ... maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment