Thursday, October 1, 2009

Interior Design Dreaming

Okay, so I don't have a place of my own to decorate right now. But, a girl can dream, right? Someone recently pointed me in the direction of an interior designer based in Portland - Jessica Helgerson (www.jhinteriordesign.com). I love what she's done with these two houses - very different in style ... one mid-century modern, the other more vintagey Frank Lloyd Wright'ish (just made up that adjective - yay!). Someday when we have our own place again, maybe I'll pull from these for a little inspiration.

House #1 - FLW'ish... maybe there's a better descriptor. if you think of it, feel free to comment!

i love the glass sculptural light above the dining room table. its just stunning! and I can't get over how beautiful the contrast is between the dark woodwork and the white wall/light furniture.


i love a white kitchen! its so timeless and soothing. for those of you interested in remodeling your kitchen anytime soon, check out the "colour me happy" blog. she's got some great tips on keeping it timeless and avoiding the dated look after a few years.


how great are the r
eflections from the light on the wall in this entryway?! I love it... so moody.

House #2: Mid-century Modern
I absolutely LOVE this style of design. I've been dying to get out to Palm Springs some day to look at all of the mid-century houses out there. Maybe those of you who watch Mad Men remember the last season episode where Don visits Palm Springs? I can't get enough of it!

I love the airy design of the house with the pops of color and greens throughout.



Well, I suppose that's enough dreaming for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment